The goal of any membership-based website should be clear communication and ease of use to maximize the conversion of eyeballs on the page to profits. With this in mind, The ADAM Energy Forum project began with a discussion about 3 separate online needs:
- Provide public information about the organization to would-be members
- Provide private information to existing members in a secure members-only area
- Provide online payment processing to allow new applicants to pay their application dues and existing members to pay for members-only activities
It was an easy decision to leverage the power of WordPress as a Content Management System to do the heavy lifting of allowing the The ADAM Energy Forum’s administrator to easily upload private members-only content such as industry biographies, speaker presentation files, etc. Payment processing is handled via PayPal, allowing new applicants to submit payment and existing members to register and pay for upcoming organization events.
- Custom WordPress 3 theme and framework development
- PayPal Payment Gateway integration